Robotic Assisted Laparoscopic Surgery
Laparoscopic surgery allows for a minimally invasive approach for many gynecologic procedures. When done with the assistance of the da Vinci Robot, the procedures are performed under 3D high definition views, using instruments that convert the surgeon’s hand movements into small and precise surgical movements. For the patient, this translates into safer surgery, faster operating times, small incisions, shorter stays (sometime hours), and reduced likelihood of conversion into an open procedure due to complexity of pathology or adhesions. We can perform da Vinci assisted Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy (removal of the uterus) or Myomectomy (removal of only fibroids), with patients going home within hours of completing surgery to recover in the comfort of her own bed.
Advantages of Da Vinci Assisted Laparoscopic Surgery:
- A magnified 3-dimensional high definition view of the operative field. The surgeons view is enhanced, allowing for visualization of the smallest detail.
- Instruments can bend and rotate far more than the human hand, allowing for more precision and control.
With the assistance of the da Vinci Robot, the most complex and challenging surgeries can be successfully performed, with lower risk of complication.
For the patient, this means:
- Reduced complication rate
- Reduced chance of conversion into an open abdominal procedure
- Reduced operating time
- Reduced blood loss, less likelihood of blood transfusion
- Reduced length of hospital stay
Patients with the following symptoms can be evaluated and treated, using the most minimally invasive techniques, allowing for fast recovery and return to normal activities:
- Irregular and/or heavy menstrual bleeding
- Uterine fibroids
- Suspected or known endometriosis
- Pelvic pain
- Ovarian cysts